MsgEml.com is a simple site that allows viewing .msg and .eml files without having to install third party applications or Outlook. The .eml file format is not such an issue. It can be easily accessed with a text editor, or with a free program, such as Mozilla Thunderbird. However, the .msg format is proprietary and is quite a challenge.
There are some third-party applications that can be used for the purpose, but they are usually paid.
The MsgEml.com site is an online viewer and there is no need to install any additional applications in order to process and view the .msg/.eml files. The site completes the following tasks:
- Shows the Sender, Recipient, Subject, Return-Path, CC, and BCC headers of the uploaded .msg/eml files.
- Extracts the attachments from the submitted messages and provides download links.
- Shows the full headers of the .msg/eml files files with a click of a button.
- Renders the body of the message in a user-friendly manner.
- Converts the MAPI data from the .msg files to MIME and provides a download link for an .eml version.
- You can upload .msg/.eml files for processing, or paste the raw text data from the .eml files in a text field.
An example converted .msg file looks as follows:
The application is secure and discards the email data shortly after it is uploaded.